Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blogging?

So I guess I've started a blog.  I've always loved writing.  I love putting my words down and having them heard.  In a social arena, I'm the listener.  I take too much time to think about what I'm saying to be a talker.  I've always expressed myself so much better with the written word than I have with the spoken.

For the past year, I've been following some awesome bloggers that have me feeling that I might actually be able to do this.  I've had some website or another for years and I taught myself HTML, back when that's how you wrote websites (dating myself here).  My first website is so embarrassing to me.  It was based on the EA Games Petz program.  Not only did I create a website off that game, but I also learned to how code within that program.

That expanded to me rewriting the code for a few computer games like Diablo II, for my sons.  I've had a ton of blogs, but those were all for family members to follow the going-ons of the kids.  This time, I'm doing it for me.  I want a public blog where I can talk to adults, about adult things.

Chicken Caprese made with homemade, homegrown Basil Oil

I love to bake and craft so I plan on it featuring those two things heavily.  I also plan on featuring beauty product reviews since I've gotten into both Ipsy and Birchbox.  I love receiving those sample products every month and for those who don't have subscriptions, maybe introduce you to new items or keep you from making a mistake.

October 2014 Birchbox

Right now, the blog does not display my vision of itself.  I'm not happy with the look and I want to be able to categorize my posts better. I want those who just want to see the beauty reviews to not have to deal with my posts about life and family.  I can be a tad wordy at times so it's completely understandable.  My Facebook friends have had to deal with my very frequent, very wordy, very picturey (no, that's not a word, but for today it is) posts and maybe this can help relieve their agony.

How I spent my day today

So thank you for coming and hang in with me, it's going to get better.  I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment