Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Happenings Part 2


So months ago I found this picture on Pinterest and fell in love with it. Unfortunately, I can't find the original page this was actually posted on to give credit.  Shalyn, being a 9 year old girl, loves Hello Kitty and I knew she'd absolutely go nuts over it.  After explaining to her that it wouldn't light up, it was a go.


We started off by spray painting with a white semi-gloss.  I think she may have had more fun playing with paint than she would've scooping out pumpkin guts.


The hat, eyes, ears, whiskers and nose were all cut out of felt.  I made the bow out of ribbon.  I used a hot glue gun to put dots of glue on the pumpkin and then she placed the pieces.  I did the pressing to make sure they stayed cause that glue is hot and I didn't want her burning herself.


She absolutely loved the end result.  She took it back to her mom's house where friends and neighbors went nuts over it.


Of course, I couldn't let her get away without getting all goobery!  She helped Sabrina and Dustin empty out another pumpkin.  Zakk was sick this day, so he didn't join in.  He stayed home from school for three days, trying to get better before Trick or Treating.


We worked on his pumpkin Friday afternoon while everyone else was at school and work.

Curiosity almost gets Tye a bath

Tye had to get involved as well after I joked about putting him into the pumpkin for pictures.  If I thought I could get away with not having to bathe him afterwards, I would've done it!  Zakk's pumpkin finally finished.  He drew on the face and I did the cutting.




Every year, the older two say they're not going to dress up and then the day of they change their minds.  Every single time.  Of course, this late in the game, they can't find anything decent so they end up creating their own costumes.  I prefer them to make their own so I love seeing what they come up with.  Sabrina cut ears out of the felt we had leftover from Shalyn's pumpkin.


Dustin pretty much just dressed normal, lol.  The only difference was he carried his guitar around all night, playing the entire time we were trick or treating.


Zakk choose to be a ninja warrior and had a great time trick or treating.  He brought in quite the haul tonight.


Shalyn went as a Monster's High skeleton.  I'm so glad she choose something other than the Mermaid costume.  Even though we're in the South and 66 degrees may not be cold to some, it's cold to us!


Us adults even managed to get some treats of our own.  I'm pictured here (no makeup again, after two miles of walking in what I see as freezing cold) with my husband's cousin and his sister, holding our treats.  I had to fight zombies to get to that wine dang it!


I hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween and now I'm off to sleep off this sugar high.  Tomorrow night, I'll enjoy my wine, I think I've had enough sweets for one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment