Sunday, August 7, 2016

Projects and Goals, is there ever anything else?

Less than four months between posts!  I'm getting better at this.  Last post I mentioned that I was really working on my health.  I'd proud to say I've stuck with it and I have currently cost 24 lbs since January and my blood pressure has been in normal ranges for two months straight, without any medication for either!

I actually hate weight loss medications and fad diets, or even diets in general.  I believe in diet changes and life habits instead.  Now I will once in awhile take some time off sugar and/or fats like butter, but in the long run, I like chocolate cake too much and it tastes much better with both.  My biggest lifetime diet change this year was ixnay on the energy drinks.  Cardiologist referral and energy drinks just don't mix.  Although I'll admit, I still haven't made that appointment.

Tonight I hit a nice goal, I broke my FitBit step record.  I was ready to call it a night when I noticed I was 113 steps away from my highest step count this year and decided I couldn't end the night that way.  It's the eve of the first day of school here and while we've been working on getting on a school schedule for three weeks, Zakk was still tossing and turning in anticipation of his first day of seventh grade.  So while I'm pacing the hallway trying to beat my record, my kiddo's yelling out from his room every time I walk past his door.  "Love you."  "Love you."  "I still can't sleep."  "I'm watching you."  "Love you."  "Still awake."  I finally hit over my goal, higher than the last one because my OCD demanded zeros at the end and he's passed out with his head at the foot of the bed.  It only took about 15 minutes total, but I'm sure in his head it was more like an hour.  Oh 5 am, I haven't missed you.

But while we're talking about my current projects, I do keep a list of them on the left hand side.  I've actually finished up a few of those, completed some that aren't there and started new ones.  I'll get some pictures up soon of those.  I always have projects going so there's always changes there.  Even if I'm not posting, I try to keep that list up to date.  Mostly just to remind myself what I'm supposed to be doing!  I do use Pinterest A LOT and have both an "Up Next" and a "Finished" board, so feel free to follow me: JTStripling


No comments:

Post a Comment