Tuesday, April 19, 2016

And It's Been Awhile...

...Since I could hold my head up high.  Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Starting a new post is always the hardest part.  And that title slot, I think that needs to be moved way down to the bottom of the page.  Let's write the post and then name it from now on, shall we?

Anyway! As I was saying, it's been awhile since I've posted something.  I've spent the last year on a weird work schedule, followed by three months of an even stranger one.  I've had four awake, non-working, daylight hours every work day and it's just becoming way too much for our household.

We've also taken quite a hit from reality/life over the last few months.  No details, but the household has been dramatically reduced to three of us for awhile.  Making my work schedule even worse.  With the rough time we've been having, I'm looking to make some positive changes around here.

First change starts with myself, as it should be.  I've been having some pretty bad back to back health issues with one leading to a cardiology referral.  If that doesn't kick someone in the butt, I don't know what will!  A few years back, I said I was comfortable with my weight and didn't see a need to "diet", etc. unless it was for health reasons.  Well, now health is an issue.  I had lost a lot of weight a few years back and my hubbie told me I was getting too skinny.  Followed by a resounding yes from his father, lol.  So I stopped doing what I was doing and ended up gaining it all back.  With the stress of the last few months, I'm up almost another 10 lbs too, oops.  So I guess my first goal needs to be getting back in shape.  Ack, I hate cardio but that's the way we need to go!

See, I build muscle FAST!  Really fast, it's actually a severe issue.  Have you ever seen muscle under fat?  Yeah, it just looks like more fat.  So I have to get rid of the fat before I can even think of toning.  Which muscle building probably won't be a factor anytime soon because I take muscle relaxers daily.  Another byproduct of the health issues.  So cardio is where I'll be starting until I've lost about 30 lbs.  It is probably the best thing right now if I really do have heart issues anyway, right?

So this lovely new chapter of my life is going to start with weight loss.  I mean I may as well since I've already made some other pretty dramatic changes recently.  I decided at the ripe old age of 39 to pierce my nose, lol.  Well I did it at 38, but that was only a few months ago.  At 39, I decided to cut off all my waist length hair.  It was only supposed to be cut to my shoulders, but the hair stylist got a little scissors happy with it and now, it just comes to right above my chin.  Most of the length was dead, so it needed a fresh start.  I just didn't realize I was going to start all the way over with it!



So changes, changes, changes.  2015 was about loss, 2016 will be about change.  Now, I've found the determination, I just need to locate the motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment